A State of Colorado Background Check is required for this position and is paid for by the camp.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR RECREATION DIRECTOR AND HELPERS:
- Attend the required staff training from 8 am. to 6 pm. the Saturday prior to the Sunday your camp begins.
- Must have a current CPR/First Aid certificate.
- Arrive no later than 11:30 on the first day of each camp to attend the first staff meeting.
- Serve 2 hours (2-4 pm.) on the weekdays of each camp with the exception of Wednesdays and Thursdays during the week long camps unless you want to help with the Wednesday all-day hike into the national forest and the Thursday Archery, Obstacle Course, Games, Rest Hour Rotation from 1-5.
- Faithfully pray for each camper in their tepee and for the camp as a whole.
- Manifest a Christ-like attitude and behavior at all times.
- Maintain Spiritual health and relationship with God through Jesus Christ by devotions, etc.
- Strictly adhere to the doctrinal statement of the camp.
- Dress appropriately – no short shorts (must have at least a 5 in. inseam), no short skirts, midriffs, halter tops, shirts with spaghetti straps. Bring long pants, a long sleeved shirt or jacket, a hat, a water bottle, and sturdy shoes for the National Forest hike.
- Bring a sleeping bag, pillow, toiletries, towel, wash cloth, Bible, Pen, small notebook, flashlight, insect repellant, sun screen, and ample clothing for the week.
- Be prepared and on time for all camp activities.
- Do not pursue romantic relationships during camp as these will distract from our purpose and inhibit the team's effectiveness.
- To help avoid confusion or misunderstandings, girls minister to girls and guys minister to guys.
- Thoroughly prepare and carry out the recreation and activity time.
- Ensure the safety of all campers during games and activities.
- Be responsible for the care of all equipment.
- Clean up or assign Jr. staff to clean up after each recreation and game time.
- Clean your quarters at the end of camp.
Tepee Bible Camp will undertake the expenses of my room and board while at camp. They will help me adjust to my responsibilities, acquaint me with the camp’s goals and philosophies, as well as any State regulations and health and safety training my position requires. They will also supervise me in any way that seems advisable, pray for and support me with God’s love, and provide a copy of this job description and agreement.